March 10, 2009

When You're Smilin'

When your smilin' the whole world smiles with you. Is that true?

I'm going to do a little test this week and smile at everyone I pass by, just to see what happens.

You might ask. . .

What about the people you work with?
Smile every time you pass them by in the hall or in a mtg.

What about the driver next to you at the stoplight?
Turn and smile. (And laugh if you caught him picking his nose!)

What about your spouse and kids?
Smile as you live together. Smile as you love them.

What about dealing with a frustating sitution after a long day?
Smile as you talk.

What about strangers in a crowded Walmart aisle?
Smile. Don't ram them with your cart.

What if they don't smile back?
What if they're ridiculously rude?
What if they ignore me, or worse yet start to stare?

Before you come up with more excuses why not to flash your pearly whites and have a twinkle in your eye, you should ask yourself one more question. What if you couldn't smile? Watch this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've done the Avon Breast Cancer walk twice, and the rule of thumb in "Tent City" is to smile and help your neighbor. The overwhelming feeling of love and kindness is palpable and you can't help smiling the whole dang time! Anyhow, I remember coming back to reality, going grocery shopping the day after a 3-Day event, and I was still smiling away...at each and every person. I had culture shock when I finally realized that they weren't smiling back at me (like they did at Teny City!) Thank you for helping me remember this--I will accept your "smile at everyone" challenge.