December 08, 2008

Christmas Party Hostess Gifts & Party Favors

Remember going to Birthday parties as a child? You always showed up with a gift, ready for cake and ice cream, and looked forward to find out what the party favor would be at the end of the celebration.


I thought about that over the weekend and realized a lot has changed, but really shouldn't have. I'm invited to a few Christmas parties this month. I'm looking forward to them and thankful that someone has put me on their list and checked it twice! (I know that sounds strange since most people I overhear complaining about all the parties that they have to attend. Just think back to what it was like as a child and get excited about not sitting at home watching a TV show that you won't remember.)


I attended a Christmas party recently and brought a Hostess gift. Something that cost me very little, Christmas tea towels wrapped with a sparkely bow. (Here are some cute ones from Very Verdant on Etsy.) It's not much, but the gift expresses a simple thank you to those that hosted the party, letting them know I realize how much work it is to put on a simple celebration and how grateful I am that I am able to be a part of the festivities. Will you remember those that have invited you to help them celebrate the holidays with a small token of your appreciation?


By the way, 'It's a Chili Christmas' open house is on. I'm passing out the invites to my neighbors tonight. It should be fun to get to know them better and have more than a driveway to driveway 2 minute conversation! I don't expect a hostess gift from any of my future friends, but I have thought about what I will pass out as party favors. DaySpring has quite a few wonderful, inexpensive items that I've been checking out. I think I'm going to do some extra baking and add cookies to this cute plate, wrap it up with cellophane and send them home with sweet treats and sugar plum dreams.

No comments: