December 11, 2008

Day 11 - Finding Great JOY

I walked outside this morning to drop more Christmas cards in the mail (yes, I forgot a few folks). As I shut the box and flipped up the red flag, I looked up - at the dawning of a fresh winter's morn. Everything was covered in frost. It reminded me of Narnia (without the talking animals). It was quiet and clean, fresh with no mistakes, and ready for light to shine brightlly.

Ah, to live another day - another demonstration of God's mercy. I took a deep breath of cold, fresh air and was thankful. God reminded me there is a purpose for me in His plan. I love those moments where I have stilled myself and God shows up. Hopefully I will know each of the moments He gives me today. . . I hope the same for you, too.

After returning inside, I found this quote in my Hugs Daily Inspirations for Women: "God's plan for our lives includes great JOY, but our heavenly Father will not force His joy upon us. We must accept His peace on our own - no one can accept it for us. Today, lets claim the joy God has provided for us by praising the Creator for the gift of life. Then let's share His love and His joy. When we do, we'll be blessed and bless all whom God has chosen to place along our paths."

That pretty much sums it up for me: Fill my heart with PURE JOY so I may overflow to those on my path today.

No comments: