December 12, 2008

Day 12 - Secret Elf Update

A friend of mine was sick yesterday, so I picked up some soup for her lunch from one of our favorite places, The Cafe On Broadway. The southwest chicken chili is amazing!

A co-worker had to take off work, unpaid, because a close relative passed away. I donated the last of the money I had taken out of the bank at the beginning of this Experiment to help her with Christmas expenses. Hopefully it will help, even if it's just lunch on me or an extra roll of giftwrap.

Update: I called my mom and told her to log onto the blog and read the Mission: Secret Elf post. As she read it aloud, she got choked up and I could tell she was really touched. She told me, "This is the best Christmas present you could have given me this year!" It's so exhilerating to truly help someone when they feel alone and in despair.

Mom was concerned that grandma and I were driving down tonight and leaving tomorrow evening. "That's only 24 hours!" she said. "No worries, mom!" I giggled, "If Santa can fly his sleigh around the world in 24 hours and deliver toys to billions of children, then I think these two little secret elves can handle this decorating challenge."

I'm driving the sleigh to my parents' home tonight. Mission: Secret Elf will be officially underway. . . I'm pumped!

So. . . (feel free to hum along, or sing quietly at your desk!)
Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again.
Fill up the stockings,I may be rushing things,
But deck the halls again now.
For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute,
Candles in the window,
Carols at the spinet.
Yes, we need a little Christmas Right. . . NOW!

No comments: