December 01, 2008

Day 1 - My First Give

I got to work this snowy morning, went to fill my mug, and there in the break room was a Christmas tree with paper angels. Could it already be starting at 8:15am Day 1 of the 25 day Generosity Experiment? Didn’t my husband and I just talk about how adopting an Angel could be one of the ‘gives?'

I thought adopting an Angel would sort of be like filler for a day that was more difficult to find something to give or a day when I didn’t have an obvious opportunity. Well, I was wrong. Between you and me, I kind of think God wanted to get the ‘easy gives’ out of the way first. No waiting around. . . let the challenge begin. I get a sense that this experiment is going to test and eventually build up my faith if we’re starting with the Angel Tree. This could get interesting!

Our angel is Shawna. She is 30 years old and all she wants is pink sheets and clothes - size 8/10 pants and medium shirts. She’s the same age and size as me. The thought definitely crossed my mind – but for the grace of God go I. Thank you Lord for soft sheets, a cozy bed on a cold night, and a closet full of clothes just my size.

What was your ‘give’ today?

No comments: