December 03, 2008

To Christmas Party Or Not to Christmas Party, That IS The Question!

I'm sitting at my computer, needing to check my online checking account and balance my bank statement. Instead I'm being taunted by the blank Christmas Party invitations from last year that I never printed and never mailed.

What about opening my home to my neighbors (that I hate to say, I don't know very well after living here a little over a year) and hosting a small soiree? I truly love hosting a good party - probably more than attending them. But I also know that I can over commit myself during the busiest month of the entire year. Then it's not fun for me or my husband. Should I host a Christmas Party this year?
Since I'm committed to the Generosity Experiment, I think I need to take my own advice in all areas of my life. I did say that time spent with others and hospitality are a form of generosity, didn't I? (sheepish grin)

The party can be simple and fun. Everything doesn't have to be perfect, right? And my Christmas decorations are almost done. . . I think I can do this. Now, how do these invitations go in my printer?

'And get into the habit of inviting guests home for dinner.' - Romans 12:13

No comments: