December 06, 2008

Day 6 - Even Steven

I don't have much to say about the puppy episode, other than our friend did show up and we no longer have to clean up puppy poo. She came to pick up the puppy this afternoon. When it came time to pay for the dog, she conveniently forgot her checkbook at home - 3 hours away. So 'the check will be in the mail on Monday.' I'm sure we've all heard that before.

The amazing thing is how God provides in unique ways. . . and helps me with my skeptism about people. This morning we had a wonderful family from our church offer to buy one of our dogs. Our sweet dog has destoryed everything in our backyard, God love 'em. (I know by now you're wondering if we're running a kennel. We're definately not! The funny thing is I'm much more of a cat person. But dogs seems to be a theme in our lives over the last few days.)

This family wants their son to be surprised for Christmas with his new outside playmate. They are caring and sweet people that will love this dog like we have. Guess how much they are giving us for the dog? The same amount that we would be out for the puppy incident. Hmmm. I think there is more going on here. What do you think?

Through the odd, and sometimes very emotional, past 36 hours, I've heard God say, 'Keep being generous. Keep giving without strings attached. Keep being a good steward of what I've given you. Keep opening your heart and loving even when it hurts.'

I'm sure there have been difficult 'gives' for you this week. I would be encouraged by your stories. Please share with me and others about it.

No comments: