December 02, 2008

Giving To Those That Are Sick

"I was sick . . . and you did not look after me. "
"Lord, when did we see you sick and did not help you?"
"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for the sick, you did not do for me.'"

I had the opportunity today to pray for a friend that is waiting on test results to see if it's cancer - and I took it. I had the opportunity today to give money to help with medical bills for a co-worker that is fighting for her life - and I took it.

Who do you know that is battling an illness - even just a yucky cold - that you could pray for, financially help, sit with while they wait on test results, make chicken noodle soup for, or just call to check on? Remember, these are 'the least of these' and this could be your 'give' today. Take it!

No comments: