December 04, 2008

Day 4 - Monthly Giving: Compassion International Child

I've been sponsoring a Compassion Child for almost a year. Her name is Carol Stephany. She's a little girl from Columbia that draws me beautiful pictures and is learning to read and write. I just wrote my monthly check of $32. It's a small amount for what is accomplished: food and clean water, medical care, education, life-skills training, and most importantly she will hear about Jesus Christ and be encouraged to develop a lifelong relationship with God. There are children still waiting for a sponsor. I think each of us can handle one less Friday night dinner out, right?


I would love to hear what you give to on a monthly basis that makes a difference?

2 comments:

Salute said...

I give to Fathers and Brothers Maryknoll that makes a difference through adminstering aid and prayers to suffering men, women,and children. I think is just a great way of giving something back.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who works with the boys and girls club in our community. She found two sisters who need some help with easy meals they can fix (the oldest is 8). Sometimes helping is as simple as giving a couple of cans of ravioli.