December 08, 2008

Day 8 - A Night Out Without The Kids

I finally got to talk to my best friend over the weekend. It's been too long since our last conversation.

She didn't know what I had been working on. It's even anonymous from her, too. We were catching up and sharing what our plans were for the weekend. She mentioned that her small group leaders at her church in Denver have four children, two are adopted from Guatemala. She and another friend had volunteered to babysit their children Saturday night as a Christmas gift, so the couple could go out and do Christmas shopping or just spend a romantic evening together.

I thought her story was so ironic, especially since she had no idea what I've been up to in secret. It made me wonder how I could do that? Who do we know that would be blessed by such a treat? Our next door neighbors of course! It's always right under my nose.

Our neighbors have a son with special needs and is wheelchair bound. I'm going to write a coupon in their Christmas card For A Free Night of BabySitting. Hopefully they will take us up on the offer. It should be fun and a great way to keep the generosity going after Christmas.

No comments: